Founded in 1908, M. Argüeso & Company pioneered the early importation of fibers and candelilla wax from Northern Mexico.
Growth accelerated when Argüeso established a laboratory and experimental pilot plant in Mamaroneck, New York in 1939. The company’s strategy was to develop a research and engineering capability for a modern wax-blending facility. During WWII, Argüeso initiated production of special wax blends for investment casting applications. A commitment to producing quality waxes and providing exemplary customer service propelled Argüeso into a leading position in the wax industry.
Read more about the Argueso history in the newspapers
In 2010 Argüeso has been acquired by Paramelt.