Paramelt has invested vast R&D expenditure to develop the Paraflex NowaxTM gloss and seal waxes based on fatty acid derivatives. They thank their wide use in the sweets and confectionery industry to:
- superior gloss;
- release to sticky dry and fatty confectionery;
- non blocking of the coating on the reel;
- processability on the packaging machine with very low scuff.
Coatings based on Paraflex Nowax present general advantages such as:
- materials commonly used as approved food additives, renewable resources;
- improved biodegradability;
- improved repulpability.
In addition to the oleochemicals, polymers are used to add the necessary toughness and hold-out to the coating materials. These polymers are approved for direct food contact.