Our packaging adhesives are formulated for use at either high or low ambient temperatures: Plastomelt hotmelts, Excelta metallocene hotmelts, low melt adhesives and 'water white' Plastomelt 9000-series hotmelts.
Excelta hotmelts are based on a polymer range obtained through a polymerisation technology known as metallocene catalyst polymerisation. The metallocene polymer has some unique properties like an outstanding heat stability, narrow molecular weight distribution and a sharp melting point.
The use of this new polymer technology in Excelta hotmelts results in:
- outperforming heat stability
- prevention of char forming
- viscosity stability at working temperature
- light initial colour and colour stability
- superior machineability
- flowing performance and superior jetting
- potential higher production line speeds
- reduced consumption of hotmelt
- excellent bonding
- improved fibre tear compared to EVA based products
- unparalled adhesion to difficult substrates like PE and PP
- low and high temperature resistance
The Plastomelt 9000-series is well appreciated by its white colour, low odour level and thermal stability.